A gold standard in political attack

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 23/12/2015, 15:20

The unionists don't like the SNP. That is a given, and it happens that almost all of the media in Scotland are unionists, as are all of the other big political parties. There are no surprises there, though it is inexcusable for the BBC to show such bias, in light of its charter and funding. So we are very used to "SNP bad" as the sum total of political discourse outside of social media, in this country.

But what started as a problem for those who support independence and for the SNP has been changing its character of late. And this is because the unionists are not very clever. They seem to think they can say anything at all to smear the Scottish government, and that it will have some traction. They propose nothing positive in terms of their own plans or achievements, but desperately look around for things which confirm their fixed belief that the SNP are destroying all that is good. This has now descended into farce, and contributed much to the gaiety of the nation

Today we saw this reach what must be a new high in this kind of thing. For any who live in other countries, I challenge you to find anything to better it.

According to a survey, the number of people in Scotland who regularly dance has halved since the SNP took power in 2007. And this is because “It’s clear thousands of people right across Scotland are worn out by the nationalists’ narrow-minded constitutional wrangling and grievance agenda." according to a leading light in the Scottish conservatives party, Jackson Carlaw

It is "clear", note. No doubt about it at all.

I, for one, am grateful for the tories attempt to counter this misery by making statements like this. It has fair cheered me up!.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...d-a6784191.html

0 replies since 23/12/2015, 15:20   40 views