It is too late....but

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 8/4/2013, 13:24

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

I wish I could be more humane: but I am glad, and that is the measure of this woman's triumph :(

Video

Edited by FionaK - 8/4/2013, 13:51

FionaK
view post Posted on 12/4/2013, 18:28

There has been a lot of coverage of the death of MT in this country: you can't get away from it really. Mr Cameron flew back from what was apparently important talks in Madrid because of it and she is to have what amounts to a state funeral. In face of this attempt to beatify her there have also been dissenting voices and those who admire the cow would like to shut those voices down and pretend we are all agreed about how marvellous she was.

So some who don't think so launched a rather innocuous campaign suggesting people download the song Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to try to make it top the music charts: it has since reached #3

There has been pressure on the BBC to ban the playing of the song, astonishingly. And today the new shiny DG announced a compromise. 6 seconds of the song will be played on their charts shows, but the whole thing will not be broadcast even if it is #1

So it appears that those who support MT do not believe in free speech or in any dissent from their fantasy of consensus with their agenda. Well we knew that. We knew they were petty as well. Still, it is beyond what I would have expected from them and the justification appears to be that it is "tasteless" to play the song. Well it is probably true that her family are sad, and it may not be very pleasant. But they are hardly likely to be strangers to the idea that some of us think this woman was an irredeemably nasty piece of work and I doubt they have not learned to live with that view over the years. I do not think they have much to complain of compared to the millions whose life her policies blighted. So here it is, for your edification and delight:

Video

FionaK
view post Posted on 15/4/2013, 12:11

Video

Chumbawumba anticipated this event: from 2009 :D

view post Posted on 18/4/2013, 14:35

Group:
Administrator

3 replies since 8/4/2013, 13:24   66 views