Robotics...some crazy sci-fye shit comes to life?

« Older   Newer »
Stafal
view post Posted on 12/10/2011, 02:15

www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7384026n

This is soooo neat. I saw this the other morning. I know it starts a little slow...and you may find yourself wondering why the main guy talks like an old 60's show host...or a twilight zone narrator. But it's pretty neat. Especially once you get past the paralyzed woman, not that her story isn't cool as well. But the stuff after is way crazier.

play_ball

Okay watched it?

So what do you think? I think the robotic legs are really cool. They give paralyzed people mobility and they could enhance our military soldiers. I can't help but think...Omg...next step Halo Spartan Soldiers in super suits. XD Master Cheif comes to life~!!! (But hopefully all the other Spartans don't get killed like in Halo: Reach... :unsure: )

I even think the robotic retina they're working on seems very helpful and cool. Giving sight to the blind would be really awesome. But then can the technology advance and get out of hand. Xray vision implants for the eyes? :lol:

I think the thing that concerns me is that brain implant piece. Something about that doesn't sit well with me. I mean on one hand....dude I wanna play Space Invaders with my mind :wacko: :blink: ....but at the same time it's a little discomforting the idea of a brain implant. A computer controller in your brain. :unsure: In turn would someone be able to hack and control a person with that kind of implant?

Regardless I found myself shocked and :woot: giddy like a kid cause I was like "dude Sci-fye movies just came to life"~!

Edited by Stafal - 12/10/2011, 04:04

0 replies since 12/10/2011, 02:15   62 views