Crows are clever!!

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 20/6/2011, 19:27

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2zBIz8/www.t...e_of_crows.html

The conclusion is a bit weak: but it was only a man. I wonder what the crows have in mind :)

view post Posted on 20/6/2011, 19:53

Group:
Administrator

QUOTE (FionaK @ 20/6/2011, 20:27) 
I wonder what the crows have in mind :)

They're probably getting drunk at the crow bar. :shifty: badumtsss

FionaK
view post Posted on 20/6/2011, 20:18

If you think about it from the kind of perspective adopted in "the selfish gene", human beings are just the means whereby crows get traffic lights and peanuts (and alcohol) the better to make little crows.

Helenagain
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 16:22

Thanks, Fiona, I enjoyed that immensly - the subject as well as the speaker!

Anecdote time: I used to live next to a golf course. The resident crows learned early on that golfers tend to have eatables in the pockets of their golf bags, so they started picking pockets. Golfers a not quite as fast learners, but after complaining about it for a few years, some of them started to pull up the zippers on those pockets. And in days, the crows had learnt to pull down zippers. The golfers then conceded defeat, since surely there was nothing left that they could do, and the crows have lived lives of luxury ever since.

And then there was my dog, who liked her meals outside, and the crow who lured her away from her plate to bark madly at it, while the rest of the family stole her food. That it worked over and over again says something about the intelligence of dogs....

I am waiting for the crows here to realise that there is a canopy beneath the clear plastic roof of my conservatory, so that the insects they see, and try to pick up, are underneath the plastic, but on top of the canopy. And then I will wait for one of them to figure out how to work the mechanism on the canopy.

view post Posted on 5/2/2012, 12:29

Group:
Administrator

Amazing!

5 replies since 20/6/2011, 19:27   114 views