Vanity, A sad case

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 14/6/2011, 01:52

Our esteemed leader has changed his name to something quite unpronounceable. I wish to make it clear that I tried to dissuade him from this course but he considers that his name should reflect his character: and so I conclude that he is a tongue twister in real life. Still it is not many boards which were founded by a language game; and it does suit the name of this place: so mustn't grumble.

You will still be able to identify him, as his name appears in red: you just won't be able to talk to him since you can't say it. But any close approximation will do, once his loneliness overcomes his pride. That could take a while though......

;)

view post Posted on 14/6/2011, 02:35

Group:
Administrator

On a more serious note pertaining to vanity: I am planning to do a graphic overhaul (or slight retouching, whatever) of the forum. Because we (Fiona and I) feel that perhaps it's all looking a bit too metallic and perhaps the gravity of the look of it might not cater properly to the more frivolous side in all of us. (A side that is now temporarily 'stimulated' by the wavy red and yellow figure in the banner, but I'm not intending to keep that...)

Any and all ideas are welcome!

Dotter
view post Posted on 18/6/2011, 23:37

The forum header looks odd to me - is it just me?

This is on Chrome - Ubuntu and Windows, I believe.

view post Posted on 19/6/2011, 02:04

Group:
Administrator

Haha, no, that is how your benevolent forum dictator intended it. It's an orange-red coloured graphic of a rose fading out and asymmetrically arranged over some spiky black stalks and the name of the forum.

See, I don't like 'correct' looking graphics, so I'm kinda happy you think it's odd. But if it bothers you..? Does it?

3 replies since 14/6/2011, 01:52   82 views