Cameron and a Scottish Referendum

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 7/6/2012, 22:27

Ed Milliband is now weighing in on behalf of the union. Seems he made a big speech today on english identity: fair enough

But I saw this headline in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/ju...nce-ed-miliband

Er....that is news? I seem to remember that I live in the British Isles. So it does not seem to me that this is in his gift really. Once again we see the utter confusion they have between british and english. This is part of what annoys scots, so I do so hope they keep this kind of campaigning going.

Lord Muck oGentry
view post Posted on 8/6/2012, 00:27

QUOTE (FionaK @ 7/6/2012, 23:27) 
Ed Milliband is now weighing in on behalf of the union. Seems he made a big speech today on english identity: fair enough

But I saw this headline in the Guardian

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/ju...nce-ed-miliband

Er....that is news? I seem to remember that I live in the British Isles. So it does not seem to me that this is in his gift really. Once again we see the utter confusion they have between british and english. This is part of what annoys scots, so I do so hope they keep this kind of campaigning going.

Biography is about chaps, but geography is about maps. Not to be confused.

This bit is rather natty:
Miliband insisted that leaving the union would mean that Scottish people would lose their British identity – challenging the argument put forward by the Scottish Nationalists, who have insisted that Scottish people would continue to be British in a geographical sense.

That's a challenge?! Bring back the old muddleheadedness, I say, before modern clarity ruins the game!

FionaK
view post Posted on 8/6/2012, 00:33

I love the use of the word "insisted" in that quote. Just fancy: you could have said "pointed out" or "mentioned the fact" or any number of things: but no: Scottish Nationalists go about "insisting" on facts. Good for them! As Burns said:

"fact are chiels that winna ding/and downa be disputed"

FionaK
view post Posted on 27/6/2012, 19:55

It gets worse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...-united-kingdom

Alistair Darling is now leader off for the unionist campaign and he wrote an article for the guardian making his case. It is woeful. The main points he makes about why we should stay together are in this paragraph

We have achieved so much as a partner in the UK. We created and then dismantled an empire together, fought fascism together, built the welfare state together. The BBC and the Bank of England were founded by Scots. The NHS was founded by a Welshman. The welfare state was founded by an Englishman. We would not have achieved half as much if we had not been a United Kingdom.

This is twaddle from beginning to end: the empire is nothing at all to be proud of: fighting fascism was done by many nations big and small and has nothing to do with the union: and I have no wish to look back in a few years to hear him say " we created and then dismantled the welfare state together"
It is perfectly obvious that this man will say any nonsensical thing, as if it was a valid argument in the here and now. To illustrate:

In a difficult world where more than 7 million children under the age of five die from preventable diseases; where the threat of climate change challenges all of us; where the gap between rich and poor continues to grow – these are the big challenges that we can influence as a strong partner in the UK. Independence is an inadequate response.

He is opposed to increased inequality now? When did that happen? Independence is the only possible response when all parties are wedded to increased inequality: and that is where we are in the UK, not least because of "new labour".

And the patronising tone sticks in my craw.

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/9/2012, 10:48

The guardian is supposed to be a serious newspaper. I am having doubts about that on the basis of the coverage of the scottish independence debate. Kevin McKenna gets a regular platform in the Guardian and he is a buffoon. But even knowing that I was surprised at the sheer incompetence of his latest offering, in the sunday sister paper, the Observer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...end-of-comments

Mr McKenna gets right to the heart of the matter in his opening: what matters is Nicola Sturgeon's clothes!

A secondary issue is whether she can run a good campaign despite the fact it is, according to Mr McKenna, hopeless. For the important point is her personal ambition within her party: where, I may add, there is no current vacancy for the top job. In any case it is a bit odd to devote part of a column influential because of its platform, to the observation that politicians might wish to succeed in their chosen career.

He goes on to say that Mr Pringle, an adviser to Mr Salmond and "chief spin doctor", according to Mr McKenna, is good at his job I get the impression that Mr McKenna thinks it is cheating to appoint someone competent: well given the quality of those on his side of the debate you can see his point.....

His next paragraph is name calling worthy of a primary school near you. Those of us who are not SNP supporters but yet want independence are "social misfits", "Walt Disney intellectuals " (no, I have no idea what that means, either), or folk who "join a cause at a moment's notice". In addition, the man who leads Yes Scotland does not smile enough: so it seems that Mr McKenna is not wholly sexist in his focus on Ms Sturgeon's clothes. The requirement to smile is usually reserved for women, so kudos to his inclusiveness here

Mr Salmond is then criticised for....being a politician.

In Mr McKenna's world the catholic church is extremely important: and not, for example, a body of ordinary people who have to suffer leadership which would not be out of place three centuries ago, in terms of its social policy. Maybe he thinks that same sex marriage will be compulsory in an independent scotland? Maybe he thinks catholics only think about sex and not, for example, economics or other things the rest of us think about? Maybe he thinks the high price of lamb here is due to the fact that it comes from baby catholics and not baby sheep?

Then he insults 16-17 year olds, as a sort of sideswipe: he seems to imagine that the wish to allow that group a vote on scotland's future is predicated on the idea that they are all madly patriotic in the narrowest sense: they aren't and nobody thinks they are: but neither are the homogenous on this issue, any more than catholics are. He is good at stereotype: you have to give him that

Next up: he does not like the time it is taking to prepare a white paper: because, of course, it is a doddle to make firm proposals about all the many aspects of a move to independence. Well given the quality of his thinking you can see why he would think that......

Moving swiftly on he states that we have been told that post independence Scotland will be a land of milk and honey: er, no. If we should choose that option many of us think that times will be very hard after the vote, because we do not think the settlement will be all that great. The expectation is shorthanded as " the bastards will take everything that is not nailed down" in my circle: a price which concerns many. We will see what actually can be negotiated and decide if the price is too high then: it will be high indeed to change my mind when this is the quality of the opposition

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/9/2012, 11:08

Oops: Mr McKenna does not seem to be the worst of them: One Mr Smart, a lawyer who has a blog, apparently wrote this, fortunately quoted for posterity because he has since taken it down....

We'll be doing little more than making a default case for the Union. Independence would mean mass unemployment at the Clyde shipyards. And at Faslane and Rosyth. And RBS will relocate to England (it will of course remain in the ownership of the British Government) as will Standard Life and indeed most of the rest of the Edinburgh financial services industry (for who would want to hold their investments, or their pension, in an unstable foreign country). Americans are highly unlikely to invest in, or even visit, a Country hostile to NATO and indeed all inward investment is likely to more or less come to an end. Worried about benefit cuts? At least you're still getting benefits. It's difficult to see how anything other than subsistence benefits could be paid against the background of the mass unemployment Independence would create. Receiving, or hoping to receive, a British State Pension or a public sector occupational pension? Hard lines. Working in the public sector? Only if there is money to pay your wages.

And then there's the cultural and demographic effects. A National Broadcaster where you only see what Alex Salmond wants, and even then only if he can afford it. A National Cultural policy that in its promotion of Scottish literature and music makes De Valera's Ireland look like Renaissance Florence. A massive brain drain as any young person of ambition, having escaped compulsory Gaelic in every school, will still have the portable skill of speaking English, at least for the moment, and will, if they've any sense, leave the Country at the earliest opportunity. After all, that's precisely what happened in Ireland.

And when the oil runs out? For the handful of poor souls still here, perhaps cannabalism?

Cannabilism seems to be a theme on that side of the debate if Mr McKenna thinks catholics are sheep and Mr Smart think we are not fussy about whether they are sheep or not.....

With opposition like this......

view post Posted on 9/9/2012, 15:42

Group:
Administrator

England:
unionjacknotscotland

Deal with it

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/9/2012, 22:56

I see you include the red saltire: I wouldn't get on the wrong side of the Irish, if I were you ....

Edited by FionaK - 9/9/2012, 23:55

view post Posted on 10/9/2012, 12:04

Group:
Administrator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Flag

Saint Patrick's Saltire is rejected by many Irish nationalists as a British invention. [...] The saltire was used in the regalia of the Order of Saint Patrick, a British chivalric order established in 1783 by George III, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_St._Patrick [a deeply monarchic order exclusively populated by Irish peers and English nobility])

I don't think they would mind..

FionaK
view post Posted on 4/1/2013, 17:35

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/04/m..._medium=twitter

Despite assurances that should Scotland vote for independence the nuclear submarines would move to Devonport, it seems that is not true. This is because it is not safe. Apparently if there were a "worst case" accident it would kill 11,000 people in Plymouth if the subs were based at Devonport and that is not acceptable

Apparently there are "tolerability criteria" which are used to make those calculations: Devonport exceeds those because of the number of people who would die. Faslane does not, because of the much lower population.

According to the report there are 166,000 people living within 5 kilometers of Devonport and only 5,100 at the same distance from Faslane. It occurs to me to wonder why 5 kilometers is significant, though. The article says that if there were a light wind blowing at the time there would be far fewer deaths at Plymouth than if the air were still. But it does not say what the death toll would be if there was a wind at Faslane at the time of an accident: and Faslane is 25 miles from Glasgow: greater Glasgow has a population of 1, 200,000.....

But there is no problem because Scotland is not going to vote for independence, anyway.

FionaK
view post Posted on 28/1/2013, 01:49

By Jove, I think she's got it!

Ruth Davidson is the leader of the Scottish Conservative party. She said something astonishing a couple of days ago:

Ms Davidson said Scots understood the Tory message but, in too many cases, "they didn't like what they were hearing".

Well done, that woman!!

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/2/2013, 03:01

On a more serious note, I have been discussing various aspects of Scottish independence elsewhere. One of the issues which seems to exercise many is the question of defense in a post independent country, should we vote for that. This has been quite instructive for me.

Once again it is asserted that Scotland would have to pay to build a facility for trident in england if we should decide we do not want them here, as is the policy of the current Scottish government. This laughable demand is apparently MOD policy, though why anyone thinks it has any force in law or international relations is a complete mystery to me. It is possible it has the same force as a bully demanding your dinner money: but we don't give in to that kind of thing, now do we? At least we don't if we don't believe the bully will beat us up: and I really can't see the residual UK invading us over this: though I could be wrong if Mali fizzles out......

But what intrigued me was the rather unquestioned assumptions which were made by some. It seemed to me that they could not conceive that a reduction in defense capability was not automatically a bad thing: and it was curious to find that this position was supported by reference to a paper which was published by a body called RUSI (though they did the IMF trick of claiming it did not represent their views, but only the authors')

So I read it.

The paper can be found here: www.rusi.org/downloads/assets/Scott...es_Oct_2012.pdf

What is astonishing is that the paper states:

it is generally acknowledged that potential military threats to an independent Scotland and its strategic assets and national interests would seem to be very low.

<snip>

Most commentators would tend to agree, therefore, that the chances of a credible military threat to an independent Scotland would be close to zero and, if such a threat were to emerge at all, it would likely be limited to
infringements of airspace and coastal integrity, and the security of oil and gas rigs and other economic assets like fishing grounds. It could be argued that such security concerns could be met by enhancements to the police
or by the establishment of some sort of gendarmerie, and the question is frequently asked whether an independent Scotland would actually need any armed forces in the classic sense at all.

So you might think that we don't need the armed forces: and I admire the authors' honesty in making that plain: but of course that CANNOT be the conclusion and I am sure that is completely independent of that fact that one of the authors was a career soldier before he entered politics in the SNP interest

So then they go on to justify having a military establishment in other terms: and guess what: there are a number of functions the military serve which we cannot do without, on the basis of an analysis in 1996 by someone called Chuter.
Let us have a look at those:

e. First, armed forces are required to ensure the survival of the state against internal enemies. They are in effect the state’s ‘ultimate argument’ against non-democratic insurrection and uprising.

So they are to keep down the people of the country when democracy fails. Can't say I am surprised: but that is not a function I can support: because for me the failure of democracy usually means that the government is not representing the people at all, if it gets to that stage: so I can't really see suppression as a legitimate goal. Maybe that is just me

assisting the civilian authorities, like helping with disaster relief, ensuring essential services like refuse collection and ambulance services continue during periods of industrial dispute, and so on

Ok, we might need an army for disaster relief, though I don't really see why: a different kind of body could do the job and need not be armed: which would be cheaper. And strike breaking. Well if that is what they are for then abolish them, is my view. Folk don't strike for nothing and breaking strikes is not a legitimate aim of government and not a justification for keeping a standing army. Not in my view

armed forces protect the state from external aggression, and act as ‘the political affirmation of sovereignty and identity which results from a visible determination to define and patrol frontiers and areas of interest with military forces’.

Umm ....does that not rather fail when they have just said there is no credible threat to our borders? Why, I think it does.

to promote stability in regions of the globe where a state has political, economic or strategic interests.

I just love the phraseology there: but frankly I think this means that we should tell johnny foreigner how to run his affairs: which we are not prepared to let johnny foreigner do to us (see 1 and 3 above). So I don't accept that either.

That point is particularly amusing because it goes on to say that does not necessarily mean sending troops to impose the state's will on another by force but rather

Much more likely is the achievement of political ends by low-level military assistance, exchange training, military links through attendance at foreign staff colleges, and diplomacy – the latter a traditional role of the visiting warship in a foreign port.

Gunboat diplomacy, forsooth ! What century are we in, again?

So every single justification for the existence of armed forces is suppression of the people in the interests of the state (for which read big business): nice, ain't it?

Apart from those roles the authors go on to say that the use of armed forces is a matter of choice. Apparently the state can choose to participate in bodies like NATO or UN peace keeping operations and if they do

Use of armed forces in such voluntary ventures can enhance a state’s standing in the international community and gain it a ‘seat at the conference table’ when international matters are debated or resolved.

What is funny about that is the actual outcome of such ventures: they obviously thought that might be an objection because they go on to say

Notwithstanding protests to the contrary, it is probably fair to say that the UK’s involvement in military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past decade fall into this category of ‘wars of choice’

I do not think "protests to the contrary" means what they think it means. The protests against involvement in Iraq were massive and the people clearly did not want this: but the government certainly chose to go ahead despite that. As to "enhancing [our] standing in the international community", though: well that is probably true so long as you define the international community so that it excludes everyone who thinks you are a scumbag nation for killing their children or attacking their pals: which is what we do, of course :)

The authors noticed that as well at least for Scotland: they think that in "the current political climate" an independent Scotland would probably not have been involved in those particular adventures. I would hope not :)

Then comes the skip for the next paragraph says:

Be that as it may, and if we accept Chuter’s thesis, then there is a clear requirement and purpose for armed forces in an independent Scotland.

Not at all, actually. I do not accept any of Chuter's thesis, and if they think this makes the case for their conclusion I can only shake my head in wonder. Or laugh.

Anyway moving swiftly on: they accept it is unlikely that Scotland will be starting full scale war any time soon (or at all): and that we will not have any dependent territories we need to garrison: and that we are not likely to be required to "show the flag" (yes, they actually use that phrase: I am not making this up) in peace keeping operations or the like: and we are not likely to be invaded. So what is that army for, daddy?

It is much more likely that the SDF would become involved in the full gamut of operations at the lower end of the scale, whilst possibly retaining the potential to become involved at higher levels as part of regional or international military alliances and coalitions.

Why would we want to do that: well because

there is much sense for a new nation in belonging to what has been described as the most successful military alliance the world has known

Orly? Why would that be? We are not told :(

Leaving that aside they go on to specifically say what a scottish defence force would be for: so that is good

the internal security of Scotland, generally in support of the police, military assistance to the civilian community, and support in tasks given priority by the civilian authorities; defending Scottish territory, assets and possessions on land, at sea and in the air against intrusion, disruption and attack; maintaining Scotland’s political, economic and cultural freedom of action, and generally protecting Scottish rights and interests; and the pursuit of Scotland’s wider security interests and the fulfilment of regional and international defence obligations such as they exist.

Touchingly they then say

These four broad roles are hardly likely to raise eyebrows, and are roughly in line with those of various other nations.

Well I agree that is what states often do: suppressing dissent and all of that: but I find my eyebrows did twitch a little nonetheless: obviously that makes me a very peculiar person and not the kind the authors have met. No matter. Maybe if they had not explained exactly what they mean by each of those broad brush aims I would not have noticed....

Having established to their own satisfaction that we need a scottish defence force they go on to discuss what it should look like. There are options which do not follow a conventional army navy and airforce configuration: they mention that but do not discuss it further, concentrating instead on the conventional structure. This part is quite funny too.

They say we need a navy to protect oil installations and fishing and such; though they rather undermine that when they say in the next sentence:

In the absence of any immediately recognisable threat to these assets, however, it is less easy to make the case for the size of navy that Scotland might require. The best that can be achieved in this ‘threat vacuum’ is an educated guess at what the SN might look like, using a general assessment of likely naval tasks plus comparisons with the navies of countries of similar size and disposition.

I am sorry: that paragraph delayed the production of this post cos I couldn't stop laughing.

The section on the airforce is no better.

Control of airspace, the protection of population and strategic assets from attack or disruption from the air, and the ability to project power regionally and, if need be, internationally are some of the major reasons why an air force
for independent Scotland might be necessary

Cept it isn't, is it? It suffers from the same "threat vacuum" as the navy. They don't let that stop them though: we need an airforce, apparently

Unsurprisingly they take a rather different approach to the army and we get a wee tour of the history of the scottish regiments as far back as 1642: so that is all relevant: not. This is presumably to play to the tradition, which is indeed very strong in this country. But they run up against the same pesky problem

Let us assume that the government of independent Scotland would wish to have at least the option of committing Scottish regular troops to overseas expeditions, generally as part of a coalition or alliance.

Let's not :) If we don't then we won't have to pay for

three combat battalions plus supporting arms, allowing it to deploy and sustain itself in a combat zone.

Seems that there will be a problem in training these unnecessary soldiers for we have nowhere to do it: apparently training even lightly armoured soldiers causes a lot of environmental damage and we don't have an existing place for that purpose. It is a nuisance because

There is no such training area in Scotland, although recently there has been some talk about setting one up in the Scottish Borders.

Any attempt to do such a thing would, unless done in times of national emergency or crisis, inevitably lead to a storm of protests from environmentalists and local inhabitants, and it appears that any planning is in abeyance at time of
writing. Most suspect it will not be revived.

Whowuddathunk that the population would not be fully cooperative in training an army specifically designed to break their strikes and suppress their political protests? Ingrates!! But not to worry; they figure that we can train them outside Scotland. There won't be any problem because the uk army already does that: in places like germany and canada. Oh wait: the germans train their tanks in pembrokeshire: so it looks like they don't want their environment damaged either. Still, the authors assure other places will be quite happy to extend their facilities so that is ok...

And on to "special forces". And the same problem:

As previously stated, there will always be a threat of terrorism in an independent Scotland, much as there is in every other state. The risk is low, but it is there nonetheless. Historically, there has been little evidence of terrorist activity in Scotland.

<snip>
Nonetheless, with huge investment in oil and gas rigs off Scotland’s shores, which might prove attractive to terrorists intent on a ‘spectacular’ attack, there seems to be little option but to make contingency plans for
their protection.

There is a lot of force to that "might"in there..... but

Independent Scotland would be well advised to prepare for the worst of threats.

Orly?

From that reasonable sounding, though not wholly persuasive position we then get

So, there will be a need for a well-trained and professional special-forces capability, probably based on an airfield or at a port – or preferably at or near both – and ideally in the northeast within easier travelling distance of the rigs. It will have to be ready at a moment’s notice to take on the worstcase scenarios, probably instigated by highly educated and determined terrorists who may be prepared to lose their lives for whatever their cause or grievance might be. One should expect potential attackers also to have done their homework.

Scary, huh? I always find words like"might" and "probably" carry a lot of weight and I am particularly terrified by "highly educated" because it was doctors who had a go at Glasgow airport and they were prepared to lose their lives: the fact that they were disabled by a couple of angry glaswegians who were going on holiday is, of course, irrelevant

Edited by FionaK - 9/2/2013, 03:12

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/2/2013, 03:23

The other argument in favour of a defence capability also founded on this same paper: the link was obscure to me because this part relates to cyber attack and the poster saw this as all part of the same thing and so he or she seemed to be using this threat to justify a big armed force. But there was another plank. Based on this paper the poster took the view that Scotland if independent would not have the protection of GCHQ and so would succumb to cyber attack more readily. As an additional argument he or she reported that if we do not have that protection RBS will leave Scotland so as to protect itself. For myself the departure of a failed bank which is not even properly nationalised fails to keep me awake at night: but others may differ.

The authors give this account of current arrangements

In the UK, the National Cyber Security Programme was announced as part
of the Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) in October 2010. It is
planned that a number of government departments will work with industry
and universities in order to reduce vulnerability to cyber-espionage, improve
ability to detect and defend against cyber-attack, incorporate cyber into
mainstream defence concepts and doctrine and ensure that the UK’s critical
infrastructure, vital government networks and services are resilient to
attack. The programme will be delivered by a new ‘joint cyber unit’ based
at Corsham and also at GCHQ near Cheltenham. Between these two sites
Britain will develop new techniques, tactics and plans to deliver military
effects through operations in cyberspace. In addition, of course, GCHQ’s
main function is to provide intelligence in the form of signals intelligence
(sigint) and information assurance to both the Westminster government and
the UK armed forces.

And the go on to say, without any explanation of why this is true (are you seeing a pattern yet?)

An independent Scotland would need to access such resources in some form
or other or face being left out in the cold

Well I am used to the cold, so that does not bother me. What does bother me is the information that GCHQ was built under a PFI and it costs a freaking fortune. Indeed the authors state that the costs of this are at a level that an independent Scotland would find crippling to replicate even in part. Course there is absolutely no alternative to PFI.........all buildings of that sort cost £1.5 billion, I am sure. Or not.

Anyway because of those irreducible costs the authors conclude that Scotland could not have its own cyber protection in any shape or form, so we would have to come to some arrangement with GCHQ. Curiously that is not because we would be more vulnerable to cyber attack, but because

without it the newly independent country would soon find itself at a distinct intelligence disadvantage

WTF do we need "intelligence" for, I am asking myself. We already established we are living in a "threat vacuum" and if we stop posturing around the world in military adventures and resource grabbing missions that threat will diminish. Since there is no threat at the moment, I look forward to terrorists sending us flowers and chocolates on our birthday. I do not think these authors are very clever, to be honest. Nor do I believe for one moment that the costs of setting something like this up need be prohibitive if we decide we want it. Just as long as we avoid PFI and keep the running costs down (currently a mere £200 million a year and I am not convinced that is value for money, given all the cyber attacks that seem to happen all the time despite the "protection")

Edited by FionaK - 9/2/2013, 02:41

FionaK
view post Posted on 11/2/2013, 18:25

The UK government has today issued the first of a series of papers which have a rather peculiar character. On the one hand they are explicit in stating their commitment to a unionist position; but on the other they present their purpose as one of "informing the debate". The suggestion is that the content is impartial. It doesn't look that way, however. It looks like a puff piece for the unionist position. It is peppered with value judgements and very far from factual. I suppose that is to be expected, but it straddles uncomfortably between an implicit claim to authority and factual accuracy: and an inherently partisan position

Nonetheless it is interesting for what facts it does present. They do not all tend in the direction the government thinks they do, but they put the best possible spin on it: indeed reading this document one wonders why they do not turn their attention to establishing devolution in the english regions: that is how wonderful it is ! It is "the best of both worlds" to use their own terms: one would almost think they were in favour of devolution from the very start: yet there is no devolution in England, and the UK is one of the most centralised states in the world. It is odd

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syst...ndan...__1_.pdf

FionaK
view post Posted on 13/2/2013, 12:22

On the same day the Scottish government also issued the first in a series of papers which have the same ostensible aim: to inform the debate. It is a little less partisan than the other because the authors remit was to consider the advantages and disadvantages of independence; whereas the uk government remit was to assess the benefits of Scotland staying in the union.

This particular paper is about macroeconomics. It recommends a framework which the authors say has benefits for both Scotland and the UK, and which they would like to see as an agreement should Scotland choose independence.

There is much I do not like in this paper, largely to do with the currency and the implications of retaining sterling: but the authors do emphasise that we have to start from where we are and not from where we would like to be. I can't quarrel with that, and perhaps that is the best we can achieve. I am not persuaded because it seems to me that mainstream economic analysis is still at the heart of this framework, and I do not find that analysis is good for the people anywhere it is adopted. At the same time I am conscious that it has such a hold internationally that it is very difficult for any small nation to take a different path, and I accept that may be a complication we can do without at first.

www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0041/00414291.pdf

55 replies since 9/1/2012, 21:43   1211 views