Cameron and a Scottish Referendum

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 3/10/2015, 09:50 by: FionaK

Maybe, but I doubt he would really go. These folk say more than their prayers.

Video

Kezia Dugdale is the leader of the *redacted* Labour party. And the link is to a wee video she made with a view to persuading people to return to the labour fold: a party political broadcast, as we call it.

It is positively embarrassing on so many levels, but it is part of a wider strategy she has been using for some time. Ms Dugdale has clearly given up on adults. Her propaganda consists entirely of childish stunts and it is obvious to me that she now thinks that the best she can do is to appeal to those people who admire Peppa Pig and the teletubbies, then wait for them to grow up and are old enough to vote. That is when she thinks her party will be electible in Scotland again

But even there, she is unconvincing: because these creepy wee ones are not all that typical, so far as I can tell. While I do accept folk of this age are very engaged in gender politics, it is my experience that they tend to focus on segregation on the grounds that the other gender is horrible. Issues of differential pocket money might arise from time to time. But I never ever heard a child of this age discuss the equal pay act, and its shortcomings before. And I never knew anyone who is concerned about that issue who would be satisfied by a promise to do something about it. Because those of us who care have heard that for ages and it hasn't happened. Again, though, wee ones who have such worries have not heard it before, being too young. So I suppose it might work on them, if they are orphans with no responsible adults in their lives.

55 replies since 9/1/2012, 21:43   1211 views