Say Hello, New members introduce yourselves here

« Older   Newer »
Helenagain
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 15:05

Hello everyone!

I was invited here by Fiona some time ago, but got a little lost on the way, somehow. It's good to finally be here - a place with Fiona is a good place to be!

Some of you may have met me on JREF, where I'm Helen. I couldn't be Helen here, it seems someone else is Helen around these parts :o: but I did want to be Helen again, so that's what I am; Helenagain.

I shall contribute by talking nonsense and asking all the stupid questions. Someone has to, you know.

FionaK
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 15:10

Oh! How nice to see you, Helen. I am so glad you decided to join us. Time we had some literary talent around here :)

Helenagain
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 15:14

Yes, that's right, that's how you do it; scare me away at once by building up expectations I'll never live up to!

But thanks for the welcome :P

FionaK
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 16:02

As it happens I have been running an occasional series called "how many things are wrong with that statement" and I am now including the first sentence in the above post in it. I am counting 4 at present: any advance ? :P

Helenagain
view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 16:31

I think I'm flattered :unsure:

view post Posted on 21/7/2011, 18:54

Group:
Administrator

Hey Helen (again)!

How great to see you (again)! Greatly admired the contributions I read of you in my time at jref (Ikarus).

I'm very pleased Fiona invited you here. Or should I say trapped?!* MUAHAHAHA evilsmiley

*That only works if you believe it. I trust you do. Don't let me down... I've got all these admin powers now, but very little way to actually make people do what I want. Very hard on me.

cellofaan
view post Posted on 22/7/2011, 18:31

Ah yes, almost forgot! (well actually I did forget, but remembered, sort of)

Hello to you all! I'm cellofaan, which is Dutch for cellophane, which has no apparent reason for being my nick, other than it being an awesome word.

Vninect invited me quite some time ago, which I happily accepted, under one condition: a dinosaur thread.
Now that we've had the great beam shooting dinosaurs gam thread, I had no more excuses to not post here.

And that's my story.

Background: I'm an architecture student, and have a degree in Building Technology, and have a big chunk of interest in graphic design and (used to have some) in literature. I also play tennis quite a lot, which is why I'm kind of competitive as far as games are concerned. Well, actually I'm always kind of competitive, though I try to hide it.

I also use the word 'quite' quite a lot. Not to be confused with 'quiet', which I hardly ever use.

FionaK
view post Posted on 22/7/2011, 19:54

Seems a bit late, but it is good to have you here, Cellofaan. Even if you do win all the games ;)n

Helenagain
view post Posted on 30/7/2011, 13:57

And I quite like the nick cellofaan; cellofan in swedish, but the double a makes it look even nicer!

dgfred
view post Posted on 20/8/2011, 03:50

Hey,
I know Fiona from reading her/his (haven't asked) post at JREF and PMF. I am amazed at the reasoning/logic/truthfulness in the post. I really enjoy the reading.

I am 46, married, with a 20 yr old daughter that is a jr playing tennis at a small school here in NC.
I have a mini-weiner dog and about 6 cats. I posted a long write up with their names and some descriptions... but when I got through, the post didn't register. My hobbies are sports, military history, my family and some crimes. I am VP of an independent insurance agency. Hey again!

FionaK
view post Posted on 20/8/2011, 09:19

Glad to see you here, dgfred. You will certainly expand the topic base, since I don't think any of us know the first thing about sport apart form cellofaan (might be wrong about that), and I certainly have no knowledge of military history. I think that insight will be very helpful, because current affairs includes the various wars going on, and some historical parallels are bound to give us another relevant dimension to think about. War has also been the focus of the hidden persuaders and much of advertising and propaganda must derive from lessons learned in that context, I think.

So welcome to TBW:I look forward to reading more of your take on the various issues discussed here.

view post Posted on 20/8/2011, 11:14

Group:
Administrator

QUOTE (dgfred @ 20/8/2011, 04:50) 
Hey,
I know Fiona from reading her/his (haven't asked) post at JREF and PMF. I am amazed at the reasoning/logic/truthfulness in the post. I really enjoy the reading.

I am 46, married, with a 20 yr old daughter that is a jr playing tennis at a small school here in NC.
I have a mini-weiner dog and about 6 cats. I posted a long write up with their names and some descriptions... but when I got through, the post didn't register. My hobbies are sports, military history, my family and some crimes. I am VP of an independent insurance agency. Hey again!

Welcome! I had written a response to your post at the war-suicides thread and was faced with the same problem. It seems this site sometimes -- but rarely -- has a problem with turning white. It's very annoying when that happens. I'm very sorry that you lost some content in one such occurrence.

Anyway... Welcome and enjoy!

Koihime Nakamura
view post Posted on 9/9/2011, 16:41

Good evening~

FionaK
view post Posted on 9/9/2011, 16:49

Hello Koihime! How nice to see you here. :) Welcome!

view post Posted on 9/9/2011, 17:39

Group:
Administrator

Hey hey! Good evening, indeed. Welcome!

70 replies since 13/5/2011, 14:28   1593 views