Say Hello, New members introduce yourselves here

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 1/6/2011, 10:36

Group:
Administrator

Glad to see you guys with us, Merlot and Zygar! Welcome!

loytymista
view post Posted on 15/6/2011, 14:06

Hello everyone,

I want to introduce myself as loytymista.
Great to start such a forum.

About me: nothing exiting.
Except: I got an cat.. who I love =3
&
Im searching for some philosopical, and critical thinking. Wich I do not find in my normal life very often.

So.. Im seeing forward to talk to you people (lol I sound a lot like an social isolated nerd now B-3 )

please dont be astonished by my rubbish english. ---> Not very high educated

view post Posted on 15/6/2011, 14:33

Group:
Administrator

Hey loytymista! You're very welcome here! We're glad you found us!

Feel free to contribute. We're still in the starting up phase and we'd like to have as many points of view as we can in our discussions. To give a voice to those who aren't 'supposed' to have opinions (e.g. the low-educated, or the public sector workers etc.) is part of the reason we started this forum! Their views are woefully missing from the mainstream discussion, and that is clouding true insight, if not just outright dangerous.

Don't worry too much about your english. It looks fine and the language is made for communicating, not for aesthetics. ;)

FionaK
view post Posted on 15/6/2011, 14:54

Good to see you, Loytymista.

I would like to emphasise that your english looks good to me and I hope it will not hold you back from posting: it is the content which counts, as Vninect says. :)

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 09:43

Hi! I'm Dan (in real life I don't actually have a period in front of my name, but it was saying 'Dan' was taken). Happened to google a forum I used to be on (Nexus - Venom was my name, I think) and saw Fiona had posted a link to here...so I thought I might sign up.

Anyway, I'm not going to be terribly active, as in 3 weeks I'm leaving to travel through the US before living in Montreal. Oh, I should say that I'm Australian, otherwise the whole 'travelling the US' thing probably sounds rather uneventful.

Cheers

FionaK
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 10:00

Hello and welcome .Dan: Wow! Big changes for you. What are you going to do in Montreal?

Remember not to lick any iron bars while you are there: I remember that was a serious problem for you in the past. And just to be sure you have the possibility covered, do not go outside without a hip flask!!

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 10:25

I'm studying there for semester 2 of uni this year. I'll get there mid August and then stay until the end of December...then I'll travel back through the US before coming home. Not sure on when I'll get back here...but I leave July 9 :)

Haha are you sure that was me? It doesn't ring any bells and I've never seen snow...but it wouldn't surprise me if I've done it at some point. Oh, and before I leave I've got a week in Singapore representing my uni in a competition.

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 10:49

Oh dear. That's rather embarrassing. Impressive that you remembered it though!

FionaK
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 10:53

Made me laugh: still does :)

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 10:56

Makes me cringe... I had turned 15 nary but a week earlier. That's SO LONG AGO!

view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 12:11

Group:
Administrator

Hello Venom/.Dan!

Hope you remember me: the cynical spammer by the name of ik911? Please??!

Anyway, welcome to this forum! ^_^

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 13:17

Heya ik, yep, I remember you. Thanks for the welcome :)

(oh, and just 'Dan' is fine (I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me do Dan though, since there is no user by that name on here..oh well))

view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 13:27

Group:
Administrator

QUOTE (.Dan @ 17/6/2011, 14:17) 
(oh, and just 'Dan' is fine (I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me do Dan though, since there is no user by that name on here..oh well))

Unfortunately, the name database is tied in with all other forums on forumcommunity.net.

.Dan
view post Posted on 17/6/2011, 13:28

I thought that must have been it. Drat.

70 replies since 13/5/2011, 14:28   1593 views