Cameron and a Scottish Referendum

« Older   Newer »
Vorgoeth
view post Posted on 9/1/2012, 22:20 by: Vorgoeth

I can't say I've been following the situation, only gathering details here and there from people discussing it, but my impression is Cameron and his people are noticing their control of the British populance slipping; and they're getting desperate. The United Kingdom is falling apart, and they're doing all they can to misdirect, confuse, and manipulate to try to maintain their power. The idea of the British Empire still lives, from top to bottom of the social structure. Having lived as an outsider, an objective observer in England for a few years, I noticed this wherever I looked. I can't help but think it's intentional, to keep people believing in the government's power even as it is dying before their eyes.

This, I think, has been going on long enough the perpetrators, whoever they may be, have begun believing in their own lie. And a true believer may be hard to shake of their conviction, but worse; is hard to ignore. The... less insightful of the people will be swayed to their side, but the others will be isolated from them, and they will become the enemy. And the former group, I daresay, outnumbers the latter.

That may or may not relate to Scotland, I really don't know. Just two cents of mine (and I have a lot of cents).

55 replies since 9/1/2012, 21:43   1211 views