Misuse of Evidence: Incapacity benefit reform

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 29/10/2011, 12:59 by: FionaK

You have to score 15 points: I didn't score any. So I am not eligible for benefit. I have to get a job. Any job. I got the letter yesterday.

Interestingly, the letter i got is the "reason for decision". It states that they sent me a letter giving the actual decision: they didn't. So I phoned them. They told me that the letters were sent out on the same day in different envelopes. Efficiency is not really their middle name, but we knew that. But that matters, because it is the letter I did not get which tells you there is a right of appeal: and if you did not know there is such a right you would be none the wiser if you only got the one I received. The call center guy was nice enough: he says he will send another one out.

There is no part of this process that makes any sense if you imagine that it is designed to help people: not in its terms or in its practical application. If the aim is just to save money it is not as good as it might be: two letters on the same day about the same thing is not the cheapest way to communicate, obviously. But if the aim is to humiliate, harass and demoralise people it is fuckiing excellent!!

36 replies since 26/5/2011, 13:04   830 views