Europe's emergency aid to Greece, A dual disappointment

« Older   Newer »
Vninect
view post Posted on 14/7/2015, 08:52 by: Vninect

Group:
Administrator

In an extraordinary week, the Greek people voted against crazy European demands, knowing full well the risks they were taking with the future of their country, their currency, their place in the international community. And then, their prime minister accepted crazy European demands. The deal includes, as the bbc put it: "measures to streamline pensions, raise tax revenue and liberalise the labour market", all of which is terrible newspeak, yet requires no translation. The price of the third bail-out is paid in poor people's suffering.

Also, all valuable assets will be sold off. The government is not to lay any proposals for legislation to its parliament before revision by the European institutions (though only on matters that are relevant, it says in the document, but I suspect that area is probably called "politics"). This deal is Versailles.

My theory is that somebody has Tsipras' family. Or maybe that he is trying to go Leninist, and make it worse before it can get better. But that's idiotic. It seems I am lacking some piece of the puzzle: I can't see why he would agree to this.

132 replies since 19/5/2011, 00:16   1612 views