What do you think "education" means?

« Older   Newer »
FionaK
view post Posted on 8/9/2013, 09:31

www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2013/...a_zHc1U.twitter

This is pretty much unbelievable.

A student wrote a blog criticising how his school is run. Seems to have been pretty hard hitting and I have no idea if the specific charges are true or not. What I know now is that the head teacher is not fit to hold his position. I know this because he reported the blog to the police and he also called the university the student hoped to attend
to warn them what sort of person they were dealing with, to advise them that this person thinks thoughts like these, and they could then make an informed decision. I am duty bound to do that.”

And the basis for that? According to the report the head teacher was concerned about

The fact that Kinnan has mentioned the ideologies of anarchism and individualism on this blog

Apparently he thinks it his duty to take action.

He describes the student as having "mad" ideas. Well I know which of them I think is mad, if this report is accurate.

He also took exception to the language in the blog: it was peppered with fuck and shit and other such words. But he is not on strong ground there, it seems:

www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educa...-GCSE-exam.html

And as a sidelight the school is considered to be very good by the waste of space which is the ofsted inspectorate. So now we know: schools run by pompous, paranoid morons are what we should aspire to. Not.

0 replies since 8/9/2013, 09:31   33 views