Say Hello, New members introduce yourselves here

« Older   Newer »
ChairmanTony1638
view post Posted on 11/4/2012, 08:47 by: ChairmanTony1638

Hello all ^_^

I saw Fiona's (old) post at a (mostly dead) forum I used to frequent and am glad to see some familiar faces still active over here. Some of you once knew me as TonyMontana1638 or ChairmanMao1638 when I frequented other forums a few years ago, before Facebook, college and now graduate school drastically reoriented my internet socializing. Over the last month or so I have intensely missed the old forums, however, and am hoping to both reconnect with some old friends and make new ones. :)

The orientation of this forum is exciting for me because I think one of the things I was missing in particular was being able to discuss politics, philosophy, literature and alcohol in an informal, but serious manner. The blogosphere 'comments' sections just don't cut it for me anymore because of all the trolls, and I also am not much for actually composing blog entries. I have no idea how people would stumble upon them or would want to read what I would write; I want conversation. I am pleased to say that this place really looks ideal. ^_^

A little bit about me: I am a 23 year old dude and originally hail from Detroit, Michigan, USA. I am about to get an M.A. in history from one of America' oversized state universities, and will continue towards a PhD if this place will keep funding me. I am a huge sports fan and particularly love basketball, baseball and European football, although I also follow hockey, American football and rugby.

Sorry if this now sounds like a dating site profile... Anyways, look forward to seeing you around. :D

70 replies since 13/5/2011, 14:28   1593 views